Sunday, October 23, 2011

OREO COOKIE CAKE POPS – DaBOMB!

cake pops copyHow many times after carving up a cake you have a ton leftover?  I do all the time and with that leftover cake I make CAKE POPS! 

Ingredients:

  1. Put the leftover cake within a mixer.  I added another cup of crushed-up Oreo Cookies and mixed it with the cake until it was well combined.
  2. Then pour in the frosting.  I start with 1/2 cup and add until I get a doughy consistency.  Pour into a bowl and put into the fridge to set for a bit about 15-30 minutes.
  3. I have a Non-stick Silicon Round Mold 41zQvk7461L._SS400_ I will pack the cake mixture firmly into each circle.  I then take a knife and scrape along the top so I have a flat center.  You do not have to have the mold, I do only because I want my pops to be a uniform shape and when I freehand it, they are either bigger or smaller then the rest.  I just found this to be effective, however, more time consuming.
  4. Put back into the fridge to set (5-10 minutes)
  5. Flip mold over and release the pops. 
  6. Take a dab of frosting or Royal Icing and glue two halves together and WAALAH a perfect cake pop round.
  7. FOLLOW “Decorate This Cake Pops - A Tutorial” for the rest of the instructions.  Best instructions I’ve found to date.
  8. For my toppings, I used more of the crushed Oreo Cookies. 

These are incredibly delicious and you will receive a ton of compliments on them!  Enjoy & Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment