- 1/4 cup Shortening
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container. Can be kept for three months and does not need refrigeration.
- Tip: Use a silicone bristle pastry brush for easy clean up. Cover all nooks and crannies to ensure that your cake pops out nicely.
Some comments on this recipe that I found useful:
- Mix on slow to med speed of your mixer until it is light and fluffy like whipped cream. This can take up to 10 minutes. Don’t be in a hurry for best results. Stores best in a sealed glass jar. I liked to keep mine in the frig to prevent seperation of the oil. If you live in a very high humidity area also add a 1/4 cup of cornstrach
- I use all ingredients in 1 cup amounts. I store in a jar with a lid. When whipped, it occasionally separates. Just stir the oil back into the mixture. Keeps indefinitely (well, I have never had it spoil before it was gone). Great stuff.