Sunday, February 5, 2012

TRAGIC but not so TRAGIC story for this Patron Cake

I work at a gym and had this cake on display for the Birthday Girl to arrive and see as she walked in. It was sitting right behind me in what I thought was safe keeping until....... A man of about the age of 50ish or so all sweaty after working out and talking on the phone, walks up to the cake and picks it up by the NECK! The trainer that was talking to me sees this and was like......"No, oh no....." then her head goes down. I asked "WHAT?!" and she tells me what the sweaty man does. I turn around and the cake is still all intact (And to think that I was worried about the drive in the car). I was with beyond words that someone would do such a thing. 


The only damage to the cake was he dented my ribbon a lil bit and put his ugly sweaty finger prints on it. Not to mention and most importantly, who wants to eat the cake now?! 
Now I know how you cake artists feel after a tragic event happens to a cake. 
I was so mad that I actually had to leave the area before I attacked the dumbass with words of: 

  1. Look with your eyes, not your hands DUMBASS!
  2. Does it have your name on it to touch it at all?.....DUMBASS!
  3. Ummmm hello, Patron is clear NOT white.....DUMBASS!
  4. What gives you the right to touch this or anything for that matter within this area!....DUMBASS!
After the man touched the cake, he walked away like he did nothing wrong. No apologies..... NOTHING. Not that I would accept it anyway. Lesson learned..... PUT A BIG SIGN SAYING..... "THIS IS A CAKE.....KEEP YOUR SWEATY PAWS OFF OF IT!......DUMBASS!!!!

Cake is made of:
  • Pistachio Cake with Pistachio Filling. 
  • Home made Marshmallow Fondant
  • Hand painted with the exception of the label
  • I created the label digitally myself.
  • Unfortunately I had run out of time and had only time to print out a label on clear film.  Brushing the fondant with water made it become adhesive.  She would have to remove the image prior to cutting the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment